I am just your average, ordinary girl. But the thing is, that i love an anything but average, extraordinary God. And that's what makes my life what it is today. As i look at my life i see that God is not only a part of who i am now, and who i will be in my future, but also who i was in my past. He helped shape me then, he is shaping me now, and will continue to do so for the rest of my days. Without him i would be nothing. He is my past, present, and future.
PAST
My past consists of so many different things that define who i am and how God shaped me. It includes how my family works, how i first became a christian, and how i came to actually know what being a chrstian really meant.
1. Lets start with my family. I live with my grandparents. My grandma is the one who showed and taught me who God was. My dad lives in San Diego with my step mom and their two kids, my brother raleigh and my sister addison. My mom lives with her mom and family in San Jose with my other brother, Levi. My mom and dad dont really have a real close relationship with me, its more of a friend relationship than anything. Over the years they've hurt me and i've resented them. But i'm trying to overcome that because i know they mean well. But, luckily i have my grandma and she is the one who taught me how to love God and who influenced my to become who i am.
2.She was also the reasons i first decided to become a christian. It was a hot day in the middle of July. Me and a group of about six other 5 year olds were sitting in a circle around the teacher learning parts of the Lord's Prayer. that day we were learning "thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." on that day. I decided that i wanted to be a christian. Of course, as most five year olds i had no idea what that REALLY meant. I went to a chrstian school, i knew all the right answers, i went to chruch, i was chrsitian. But of course, after some time, i lost interest in church beacuse "old people" service was boring and i didnt like going. So i stopped, and i took everything in school forgranted.
3. But then something happened, we decided to move to Las Vegas. That changed everything. We began to go to a church that i loved. I felt welcomed and lloved by the people around me . I finally had a group of friends that like me for who i was and who would stand by me no matter what. I was so actively involved in church that it caused me to want to search for a deeper meaning of who Christ was and who he wanted me to be. I attended conferences, and i was part of small groups, everything encouraging me to grow closer to God. And that has brought me to where i am now.
PRESENT
Now i sit here as a student at APU living for God as best that i can. I am pursuing the calling that God has placed on my life. Everday he is showing me something new about himself, or about myself. He shows me things to help me develop who i am in him and things that will help me in the future.
FUTURE
I know that God has called me into mistry. I am supposed to show and tell the junior and senior high school students all about God and who is and his divine love for them. Everyday God shows me something that i will be able to use in the future. He is preparing my today, to do his work tomorrow. And i am excited for it
So not only has God worked through my past, but he is also working here and now and preparing me for my future. Everything that he does and shows me is just another part of who I am and who i am becoming
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment